Best Eye Specialist in Pimple Saudagar
- Phacoemulsification is used to restore vision in patients whose vision has become cloudy from cataracts. Surgery is performed through a small incision less than 2mm with the help of ultrasonic energy.
- The surgery is carried out as a “No Injection, No Stitch, No Patch” surgery. Dr. Mayur Jawale is the Best Eye Specialist in Pimple Saudagarhaving 10+ years of experience in treating patients in the field of Eye Care.
- Phacoemulsification refers to the most common technique in modern cataract surgery.
- Phacoemulsification with an intraocular lens (IOL) is a procedure done for patients having cataracts. The cataract-affected lens inside the eye is removed and replaced with an artificial lens. The procedure takes anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour. It is done under local anesthesia.
- During phacoemulsification, the surgeon makes a tiny incision in the front of your eye (cornea) and inserts a needle-thin probe into the lens substance where the cataract has formed.
- Both the phacoemulsification and the small-incision techniques are safe and effective for visual rehabilitation of cataract patients, although phacoemulsification gives better uncorrected visual acuity in a larger proportion of patients around 6 weeks after the procedure is performed.
- Phacoemulsification is a safe procedure. Minimal pain is reported by most patients, but some patients might feel pain.
- To know more about Phacoemulsification or other eye-related issues, please contact Mayur Jawale, Best Eye Specialist in Pimple Saudagar.