Best Eye Specialist in Moshi
Cataract Surgeon in Pimple Saudagar
What is Cataract?
- Cataractis the haziness of the crystalline lens of the eye. It causes scattering of light & blurring. It is not a layer that grows on the eye as many think. A cataract is the clouding of the lens of the eye that impairs vision. There are three main types of cataract: Nuclear Sclerotic, Cortical and Posterior Sub-capsular. The types of cataracts are classified based on where and how they develop in the eye. Mayur Jawale, Cataract Surgeon in Pimple Saudagar, Pune has an extensive experience of more than a decade of treating patients and providing them with the environment for a speedy recovery.
- Patients suffering from a cataract may face one or more of the following symptoms.
- Vision in dim or bright light may also get affected.
- Headlights may cause glare at night.
- Spectacle power may change frequently.
- Day to day activities, working with gadgets, using stairs etc., will be increasingly difficult.
- Reading may improve initially.
- It is best not to wait for cataract to mature as it can end up in unnecessary complications.
- Except in special circumstances, a cataract surgery is performed when you cannot perform your day-to-day activities adequately and safely due to visual difficulties produced by the cataract.
- Besides, many professions which demand very good eyesight may need surgery at an early stage.
- However, the natural lens, even with its slight imperfections of an early cataract, would have several advantages over the man-made IOLs.
- Cataract does not cause pain, headache, redness, or watering. The vision loss in cataract is always slow, and if you ever have a rapid or sudden loss in vision, it should be informed immediately, as you may need specialized investigations to diagnose and cure that particular eye problem.
- A cataract is common in middle age as well as in senior citizens.
- It is also caused by drugs, chemicals, injuries, sun, UV light, radiation, electric shocks, malnutrition, diabetes, chronic diarrhea, X- rays, drugs etc.
- Along with these, viral infections during pregnancy, marriage within relatives, genetic abnormalities etc. can cause cataracts in children.
- If you want to know more about Cataract Treatment, feel free to contact Dr. Mayur Jawale,Cataract Surgeon in Pimple Saudagar